“Tips for Better Pureed Foods” is a resource about improving texture-modified foods for older adults with swallowing difficulties and includes research results from an A-HA project led by A-HA Research Scientist Dr. Lisa Duizer. This resource was released in 2012.
The resource provides:
- Recipes! For pureed turkey and carrots made with local products and that address the sensory and nutritional needs of older adults.
- National guidelines for preparing texture-modified foods. Although Canada doesn’t have national standards, the resource links you to helpful guidelines used in other countries.
- Information about equipment.
- Profiles of different thickeners, their nutritional qualities, and how they can be used (e.g., skim milk, flax flour).
- Garnishing tips.
- A handy checklist to help with getting the right texture.